I’ve been a blogger for years and I’ve stayed true to blogspot.com but I decided maybe it was time to try and venture out of my comfort zone and see what the world wide web had to offer. So please bear with me as I learn how to use this site.
I’ve been married now for five months – well, five months next Thursday. I have grown to hate the question, “How’s married life treating you?” or any variation of it. In addition, stop asking me if I’m pregnant. I’ll let you know when it happens…maybe.
Anyway – Hubby (or Chewy as I like to call him) and I have been working on some home improvement stuff. I’m not creative and I’m not handy, though I would really like to be both. PInterest ticks me off because when I try to recreate something on there it turns into an epic fail. Usually its food and still tastes fine, but every once in a while I try to make something cute or fun and it looks derelict and as though a five year old tried to make it.
But now that I have someone to write up a ‘honey do’ list for – it’s back to work on the many, many home improvement projects I had on an ever growing list. Just a few of these:
- Finish the privacy fence (I’ve only been piecing it together now for three years)
- Rebuild the front porch and fix the storm door (a week before our wedding, the storm door decided to break and knock the railing off my already decrepit front porch….so we are rebuilding it)
- Tear down the deck and lay down a patio
- Rebuild the side porch
- Paint the living room
- Repaint the guest bathroom (I botched it big time last time I painted)
- Patch the siding and repaint the house
- Tear out all the shrubbery
I’ll leave you there….trust me, this list is not all inclusive.
I think I’d like to focus most of the blog on home improvement projects – but they don’t finish fast enough to assuage my boredom, so I will likely be posting lots of other things too. Hope someone finds it interesting in the end.
Until next time.