The Liebster Award is kind of like a ‘getting to know you’ award and I think it’s to help your readers discover new blogs. You tell 11 random things about you, you answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you (in this case I will be answering 22), then you write 11 questions and nominated 11 people who have under 200 followers. The people you nominate, link back to you in their response post and they answer YOUR 11 questions that you wrote. (I’m actually going to steal the rules off of Tracie’s blog and post them at the bottom. Hope that’s okay!)
I think I covered everything there. Okay, here we go.
11 Random Things About Me
- I gave up chocolate when I was a teenager, I haven’t had any since 1999.
- I like running, hiking, and camping, but only after they are done…not the biggest fan of it during.
- I like to name foods I create: Dumb Broad Brownies, my husband’s William H. Macey sandwich, etc. I’m trying to incorporate Benedict Cumberbatch into a recipe and I want to make a Templeton cookie in honor of my husband’s rat like stomach…
- I write and I want to be published someday but I am realizing I might lack the ambition *stay tuned for 2016 goals.
- I have a fitbit, and I am obsessed with meeting my daily goal but also, beating people in the challenges.
- I hate public speaking
- When I think of the perfect Friday night it almost always involves pizza and a movie (I don’t know why). …I still see Fridays the way I did in elementary school (the night to stay up late)
- I want to do EVERYTHING! I want to make my own baby food, I want to be a good photographer, I want to publish a novel, I want to organize my office, I want to visit all 50 states, I want to leave the country at some point, I want to build a table and put in a patio, I want to play basketball RIGHT NOW and stuff someone.
- I have a fear of sharks, snakes, sinkholes, spiders, and short people.
- I make generalizations/stereotypes without any evidence (i.e. I once said, “she’s from Ohio so you know she’s down with chasing ghosts”)
- I wear socks to bed
11 questions from Notwithoutapology:
- Rock or Pop?.. maybe neither? There are so many different genres these days that I think it’s hard to know what IS pop or rock. But I guess rock.
- What do you think about Social media? I use it, every once in a while. It’s nice to have almost everyone in one place so if I want to know what’s going on with them I can stalk them. But overall, I know far too many people who actually get depressed by it (comparing their lives to others, not getting enough”likes” on a post, etc.)
- Would you rather be in a job that you love or just learn to love the job you are in? I would definitely rather have a job I love.
- Did you know what you wanted to be as a child? Did you end up achieving this? I wanted to be so many different things (teacher/professor, vet, baker, etc.) and honestly, a mom wasn’t even on the list. So no, I definitely don’t think I did, but I love being a mom.
- Who or what do you rely on in time of need? My husband, when I am feeling down or need someone, he is there (like when I was really nervous to run my race this past November and he drove me despite hating race traffic).
- Do you like pets? Yes and no, they are great, soft, cuddly but you have to feed them and clean up after them.
- What is your favourite TV show? Doctor Who (and a lot of other British shows oddly enough).
- What can’t you live without? Food and water…sorry, my sarcastic side came out there. Probably music. I would lose my mind without it.
- Do you have a nickname? What is it? and why did you get it? Lots of them actually: Lildonbro (I’m the youngest of 6 and my gym teacher had all but one of us, he always called the newest one “lildonbro” and since I was the last I got to keep it – just like the kid’s car). Honey Badger – my husband calls me this…I think because honey badger don’t care. Paduka – my brother called me this when I was little, no clue why.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? When you are talking to someone and they are on their phone texting or checking Facebook…annoying. Another – when people try to tell me how I feel (like when they punch your arm, you say “ow” and they say, “That didn’t hurt”
- What is happiness? A choice. A difficult one to make at times, sometimes elusive, but in the end, a choice.
Now the 11 from Tracie:
- What was your favorite toy as a child? Beansie, she was a doll with a fabric, beanie body and a plastic head. I still have her somewhere.
- If you could do ANYTHING today, what would you do? Write a query letter. There’s a writing contest I want to submit to and query letters are worse than writing a whole novel…so I keep putting it off.
- What are you listening to? Heaven by The Walkman
- Who is your favorite fictional character and do you have a reason or just because? Mr. Thornton from North and South…purely romantic reasons. And Megamind – he’s adorable. Oh and Indiana Jones…I mean, hello.
- What is your favorite holiday and why? Christmas – I love the spirit of giving and good will…and presents aren’t bad either.
- Star Wars or Star Trek? Star Trek (especially the new ones – hello eye candy)
- Who’s your favorite James Bond? The latest guy, because he’s the only one I’ve seen in action. (…I prefer Indiana Jones)
- Do you have a favorite game and what is it? I love games, too many to choose from! I guess if I had to, Balderdash or Quirkle
- What is you least favorite word or the word that makes you cringe? I’ve gotten better but when I was little the word “blood” made me gag.
- Do you play and instrument and if so what? iTunes – and a teeny tiny bit of piano.
- Who is your favorite Youtuber or do you have one? I guess the people who do Kid History?
My 11 Nominees
Um – I apparently don’t follow very many blogs…
11 questions for others:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What was your favorite moment/event of 2015?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your favorite website?
- Name one goal you have for next year.
- What’s your favorite color?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is/was your favorite subject in school?
- What do you want to be when you “grow up”?
- What was your favorite book read or movie seen in 2015?
- Chocolate or Vanilla?
LIEBSTER AWARD RULES:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the Award and have them answer 11 questions.
- Let the other bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
- Copy the rules into your post.