I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award again. This time by the adorable Tookii . I’m the queen of shortcuts, so rather than do the whole thing again, I’ll just add a link to my original post and then answer the questions from Tookii’s blog.
TOOKII’S 10 QUESTIONS FOR ME
- How long have you been blogging? I started blogging in 2008 over at Blogspot and moved over to WordPress a year or two ago.
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging as a way to keep my family informed about what was going on with me. I am the youngest of 6 kids and was doing a terrible job of remembering to tell everyone when something happened (I’m not the only one who does that in my family – I didn’t know my grandpa had died until months after the funeral…)
- What is your most favorite blog that you have written? I guess my favorite would be my five best and my five worst dates (back when I was on Blogger)
- Who is your greatest inspiration in life? Wow – what a question! I suppose I’d have to go with one of my youth leaders, Sandy, from when I was a teen. To this day I still ask myself, “what would Sandy do?”
- Why? – continue from last answer – I’ve never met someone who exemplifies charity so perfectly, no matter what you’ve done, she loves you and only wants for you to be able to correct it. She has a way of helping me clear my mind to help me make decisions or to see that I already had the answer for a question. She’s a spiritual giant. And even though I’m in my thirties, I still say I want to be like her when I grow up.
- What was your favorite childhood activity growing up? I suppose playing barbies with my sisters, since it’s something they’d actually play with me. Other than that, painting rocks with my brother (he’s 10 years older than me) because it was his chore, but I loved spending the time with my cool, older brother.
- Do you still do that activity yourself or with your children? I don’t do either, but I will probably paint rocks with Stormy when he’s old enough.
- If you could go back and tell your 13 year old self anything what would it be? Yo Lil’ Lildonbro, I’m from the future and I’m here to tell you, it’s going to get better (seriously, I think every 13 year old needs to hear that).
- What is the greatest piece of advise you were ever given? Get out of your comfort zone, getting out is the best way to grow…and I’ve never regretted, hesitated YES, but never regretted leaving my comfort zone.
- What is one thing on your bucket list that you absolutely must do? I don’t know, I’ve done a lot over the last decade that I would probably never gotten to do if life had gone the way I planned it…so what’s left? I guess have more kids and continue pushing that comfort zone.
Thanks again Tookii. Love reading your blog!