Usually I post my new goals on New Years Day. Not this year. I think mostly because I struggled coming up with goals. Every year I give myself ten goals, mostly due to the (undiagnosed) touch of obsessive compulsive disorder I have. I have these goals and then I forget about them and I usually luck out if I complete any of them. So this year, it seems that I will be breaking many of my resolution traditions, and will not be giving myself ten goals. I’ve also decided that for this year I am going to go along with the church’s theme for the youth – ASK, instead of making up my own. It seems I’ve turned into quite the lazy person since becoming a mom. So here are my goals for 2017.
- Finish Personal Progress. I’m pretty close and just need to do a few more experiences, so why not, right? Plus, I could be released from my calling any time this year, and I’d like to finish it before I’m released, but even if I get released I’d still like to finish it.
- Writing – at the conference this past year I attended a session on good writing habits. One lady said she has a goal of writing 100 words a day, if she writes more that’s great but she has committed to 100 a day. I think I can do that.
- Journal/Blog Writing – I’ve been TERRIBLE at both and want to be better. I used to write in my journal EVERY day! Of course that was before college, but I feel certain I can at least get in once a week.
- Have Family Home Evening – I’ve kind of been doing this, but when I got pregnant it all just stopped. Mostly because I feel like no one is getting anything out of it. But I do know if I continue, the habit will be there for when people do start getting things (and by people I mean Stormy). To help, I even ordered a book with 52 ideas for young families.
- Do something new each week. Do you know how many pins I’ve pinned on Pinterest? If pins were food I could solved world hunger. So I want to take at least one a week and try something new!
- Get the house ready to sell! That’s right! We think we might be ready to move in Spring 2018, but there’s a lot to do before we can sell. Mostly this goal will be me bossing Chewy around because I am fully aware I won’t be that helpful with physical things for a while.
That’s it. It truly pains me to have 6 goals and not 10. I even considered just stopping at 5 so that I had half of ten. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. But hopefully I’ll stay on top of these goals and start getting things done, instead of pulling them up in December and thinking, “yeah, I guess I kind of did that one.”