I’ve been giving my goals some thought (some less than others) but here they are. I’m also going to tape them to my mirror so I remember what goals I set. Here we go:
- Query 5 agents by August
- Finish the 1st draft with necessary edits
- Have 3 BETA readers (at least)
- Research agents
- Write and polish query letter
- Reach goal weight by August 31st by cutting back sugar and working out more.
- Make my marriage a priority by having at least 12 dates with my hubs and holding family counsels.
- Go to the temple at least twice (DC will be closing in March until 2020 – just thought I’d explain the low number).
- Service – do one service activity a month.
- Read 25 books. At least two need to be on writing and three be church books.
- Mommy/Son dates – Take time for just Nicky and me by going on at least 6 outings together.
As you can see – I’m making dating my family a big priority this year – someone’s desperate… I’m excited and nervous about my goals – mainly the writing one. I realized a few weeks ago that I hold back because I get anxiety about the whole submission process. I figure if I make it a goal then my pride and stubbornness will overpower the anxiety and I’ll finally take the next steps. We’ll see. An unwritten goal is to blog and journal more – so hopefully you’ll hear from me more (if that’s what you want).