It’s that time of year again. Time for me to look over my goals and realize that if I don’t write them down and post them somewhere I forget all about them. My first goal for 2018 is to post my goals on the mirror!
This year has been pretty good. We added Izzy to our family and she’s not so bad (and by that I mean she is absolutely the cutest baby I’ve ever seen or birthed). Nicky started preschool in September and he seems to be doing well. His vocabulary has taken off. As of today his favorite things to say are, “oh my word”, “gosh”, “help you” and “scared”…not sure what’s scaring him but he says it a lot.
I got released from my calling with the Young Women in October but now I will be their basketball coach and I’m still teaching Relief Society twice a month (and developing an ulcer because teaching stresses me out).
In 2017 I learned how to let things go. I was getting too worked up on things (and people) being exactly how I thought they should be and that only led to constant disappointment and frustration. Once I let go of my expectations my life and relationships got much better. I still skip up from time to time (today after church for example) but failure isn’t the end, it’s just a learning opportunity for next time (aka tomorrow).
Ok on to the part where I let you know how I did with my goals.
- Finish Personal Progress – I’m happy to announce that I finished this back in the spring.
- Writing – I didn’t write everyday but when I did write I wrote more than 100 words. I took two months off after Izzy was born but in that two months I contemplated the backstory of my novel and where I wanted it to go. So I’m marking this as a success because I persevered and aside from my “maternity leave” I always had something to submit to my writing group.
- Journal/Blog Writing – Nope. My blog is a pretty good indication of how this went. I probably wrote in my journal less than I blogged.
- Have Family Home Evening – medium success. I’ve gotten better – and I’ve made little FHE packets which has been great because then everything is ready to go. I need to make some more but for 2018 I’m set for about two months.
- Do something new each week. Success. Mostly I did Pinterest projects. I made a bunch of new food, tried new crafts, made new activities for Nicky and made him a new quiet book to for his age. I have a post around here somewhere where I was keeping track. I’ll look it over and may post what I had.
- Get the house ready to sell! Meh. I painted the bathroom and the living room ceiling. I don’t think it will hold us up too much but we will see when we have our realtor come out to look at the house.
Stayed tuned for my 2018 goals after the new year! Hope everyone had a great Christmas and be safe tonight!