2018 wasn’t a bad year for me, we moved to a bigger house, nicer neighborhood; we got a minivan, I enjoy my calling at church, my relationship with my family is good. Nothing catastrophic happened. It had its ups and downs and self pity moments but I think every year will have that sprinkled throughout. So I’m not running away from 2018 and slamming the door shut behind me – but I do love fresh starts even if there’s nothing I’m trying to erase and forget.
That being said, here are my 2019 goals. I have to point out that yes, there are ten goals again (I didn’t do that last year) but that wasn’t completely on purpose, though I did scratch out a goal because 11 seemed weird.
- Read 30 books (3 on writing; 3 church)
- Query 5 agents by the end of the year
- Edit first draft
- Write query letter
- BETA readers
- Journal once a week
- Keep up with the new church curriculum
- Hold Family Home Evening once a week
- Share my testimony more
- Send birthday cards to family
- 12 dates with Matt
- Go to the temple at least once
- Budget better
- Stick to the shopping list and come in under budget
- Re-evaluate wants vs needs
- Get fit/eat better/stretch
- Organize the house (we have more space but feel just as cramped sometimes…it’s all in how we use the space).