As I posted yesterday – I thought I had a draft of my weekly new things. This is by a complete list, looks like I stopped adding after about three months or so but you get the idea.
So I’ve fallen behind reporting on my weekly “projects” which I have dubbed Pinterest projects because honestly 99% of them will be attempts to do things I saw on Pinterest.
So here’s what I’ve tried and how they turned out.
1) Homemade paint. Recipe found HERE. This….did not work for me. I may try it again some time but it came out too thick to actually be used as paint.
2) Family Home Evening on Prayer – I just kind of made this one up. I have pictures to go with all the answers to the questions.
3) Preschool Calendar Board – this one actually took two weeks because I had to order more ink and go back to the store to get more velcro and laminating paper. I got the idea from HERE.4) Glazed Donut Muffins – HERE
These were delicious! Enough said.
5) Pin the Tail on the Bunny (LINK – PS I love this website!) however – the project failed. Seemed simple enough but the Velcro was just too strong and the tails ripped off.
6) baptism FHE
7) Pound cake
I’ve made pound cake before but I wanted to try a new recipe. Recipe found here.
There may have been too much batter, or it was too fluffy, or the pan’s too small. So many options.
But it tasted delicious!
8) homemade guacamole
9) homemade Reese’s eggs
10) rice krispy Easter baskets
11) Wall signs
I mentioned in a previous post that I bought a laminator and have been making family home evening packets. A lot of mine come from Pinterest, but this week I decided that we needed to learn about obedience (after Stormy ran into a parking lot and continued running even after I told him to stop) and what I found on the interwebs just weren’t cutting it for my two year old. So I decided to gather things from different sources and compile my very own.
Now, we have a board we’ll use later when the kids are older to make assignments for family home evening (Christmas gift from my SIL – I’ll post a picture at some point), but for now, it’s all on mom and dad, so at least for now things should go together nicely.
We started with a prayer.
Then we sang the first verse of “Nephi’s Courage” from the Children’s Songbook. Fun fact – I didn’t know that was the title until I had to Google it. I’ve always just called it “I will go, I will do.”
Then we had a story/lesson David’s Lesson, which I pulled off the LDS.org website from the Friend. (I printed and laminated this for my folder)
For our activity we played Obedience Games that I found on a homeschooling website. We did “Mother says” first but I think we’ll play one of these games once a day until my child stops doing suicide missions into the library parking lot.
We closed with a prayer and then it was time for treats. Stormy and I made Rice Krispies Treats (there’s a video in that link too in case you’ve never made these before…not that I’m judging)